Tutorful are looking for a creative and thoughtful Designer to join our growing Product Development team. You will work across our website and native mobile apps to help shape a rapidly evolving product used by thousands of students, parents and tutors around the UK.
As a member of our Design team you will work alongside another Product Designer and support our Lead Product Designer and our Head of Product. You will work within an agile squad alongside product managers, developers and other key stakeholders. You will be the voice of the end-user and the champion of good design and best practices. You will help deliver new and exciting features that enhance the product and drive user engagement. You will be overseeing feature design from concept right through to pushing code live.
You will be responsible for producing and presenting wireframes, lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity designs for your product development squad. In addition you will also present your designs internally and communicating clearly the rationale behind your solutions. Our designers work closely with product managers and developers to identify problems and opportunities within the product. We also help to define and defend our company’s branding, style and positioning as our product evolves. You will be involved in and conducting regular user research sessions and usability tests, as well as participating in sprint planning and daily stand-ups.
- Proficient in a UIdesign tool - Figma/Sketch/Adobe XD
- 1+ years experience of design either in-house or agency
- A current online portfolio (please provide link)
- Experience designing responsively for multiple platforms
- Strong design skills and an eye for detail
- Good understanding of User Experience
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to convey your creative vision to internal stakeholders and squad members
- Ability to iterate and refine solutions
- App design, content design and branding
- Animation and interaction design
- Knowledge of working in a sprint based environment
- Experience of user research and testing
- Experience working in a digital startup
At Tutorful you can expect a great working environment and to continually improve your skills as the business continues to grow!
- You will have 25 days holiday allowance, with an extra day for each year you are with us, up to 28 days. Need a little more? You can take an additional 5 days as unpaid leave.
- We have flexible working hours.
- We offer flexible remote work opportunities
- Everyone gets an annual training budget and there are opportunities to attend conferences and in-house training sessions. As well as two additional days leave focused towards training.
- We have regular company organised socials.
- You get £250 in lesson credit every year to spend on the Tutorful platform.
If the above is of interest to you or you have any additional questions please feel free to contact us.