Location: Hybrid Remote - 3 days a month in Sheffield Office
Key Stakeholders: Head of Design, CPO
Working in Multi Functional Product Squad (Spotify Model)
Tutorful began in 2015, and we’ve taken the tutoring world by storm. Today, Tutorful has over 11,000 tutors on our books and have taught over 2 million lessons to over 140,000 students. We have backing from a leading VC and several prominent tech executives. We’re a close-knit and highly-skilled team who love working together to create something that genuinely helps thousands of people.
Everything we do at Tutorful is promoted by 5 company values, encompassing our culture and how we work as a team
- We put our customers first
- We favour small, autonomous teams with clear objectives
- We strive for impact
- We're open and transparent
- We work with awesome colleagues
We're building a platform that helps parents and students connect and learn with inspiring tutors, wherever they are. Our Vision: To make life-changing tuition accessible to everyone!
We’re looking for an experienced, creative and thoughtful Product Designer to join our growing Product Development team. You will work across our website and native mobile apps to help shape a rapidly evolving product used by thousands of students, parents and tutors around the UK.
As a member of our Design team you will work alongside other Product Designers and support our Head of Design. Day-to-day, you will work within an agile squad alongside a Product Manager, four Developers and a representative from our Customer Success and Growth teams.
Our squads are tasked with solving customer or business challenges. Within your team, you will be the voice of the end-user and the champion of good design and best practices. You will help deliver new and exciting features that enhance the product and drive user engagement. You will be overseeing feature design from ideation, right through to testing and pushing code live.
This role will include:
- Producing and presenting wireframes, lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity designs for your agile squad
- Presenting your designs internally and clearly communicating the rationale behind your solutions
- Producing hi-fidelity prototypes for testing with users
- Being involved in and conducting regular user research sessions and usability tests
- Partnering with your Product Manager and Lead Developer, on planning, strategy and vision for your squad
- Working closely with your Product Manager to identify problems and opportunities within the product
- Helping to define and defend our company’s branding, style and positioning as our product and target markets evolve
- Participating in sprint planning and daily standups
- Contributing to the building of a strong and successful design team
Now a bit about you…
We need you to have:
- 2+ years experience of design either in-house or agency
- A portfolio of existing work including case studies and examples of your approach to design and problem solving
- Proficiency in Figma or other modern UI authoring tools
- The ability to create wireframes, lo-fidelity and beautiful high-fidelity designs and prototypes
- The ability to balance requirements with business objectives when designing solutions
- Experience designing for desktop and mobile
- Good understanding of UX design
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to convey your creative vision and the rationale behind it, to internal stakeholders and squad members
- The ability to iterate quickly and refine solutions
It would be great if you have experience of:
- User research
- Designing for native mobile apps
- Design Systems
- Information Architecture
- User Journey Mapping
- Working in sprint based environment
- Conducting User research and testing
- Working in a Tech startup
At Tutorful you can expect a great working environment and to continually improve your skills
- You will have 25 days holiday allowance, with an extra day for each year you are with us, up to 28 days. Need a little more? You can take an additional 5 days as unpaid leave
- We have flexible working hours over the week.
- You can work remotely as much as you like. As things recover, we aim to get everyone back to the office together on a semi-regular basis but still allowing a lot of flexibility
- Everyone gets an annual training budget and there are opportunities to attend conferences and in-house training sessions
- We have regular company organised socials
- You get £250 in lesson credit every year to spend on the Tutorful platform
If the above is of interest to you please feel free to apply or send any additional questions that you may have to email@example.com
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.