Tutorful is a six-year-old and thriving tech start-up headquartered in Sheffield, with a team located across the UK. We make tutoring affordable and accessible to all, with over 8,000 tutors across the UK delivering over 15,000 online lessons per week. Our revolutionary approach to tutoring and our fantastic growth have helped us become recognised as one of the top 100 startups in the UK.
We are hiring software engineers with experience working in a professional full stack team. Our engineers have lots of different backgrounds, not only Computer Science, and your aptitude and willingness to learn are just as important to us as your qualifications and experience. Take five minutes to read more about us and see if this role is right for you…
At Tutorful we have cross-functional squads, empowered to make their own decisions
We work in small product squads of four developers, a designer, a product manager and a representative from our Customer Success and Marketing teams. Our squads are given quarterly objectives then the team works together to come up with ideas for initiatives, how to validate what works, and how to measure progress to achieve the objective. Everyone gets to collaborate on how the product evolves.
At Tutorful you get to work with great technology
- We build native mobile apps using Swift for iOS and Kotlin for Android
- We all have a shiny Macbook to work on and licences for all the tools we need
- We have a strong engineering culture of Kanban, fast feedback, automated testing, infrastructure-as-code and continuous delivery
- Our full stack technologies are PHP with Laravel 8, TypeScript with VueJS and MySQL, and we provide all our app developers with opportunities to learn how run the full stack dev environment and to make changes to the web application too
You should apply if
- You think you would enjoy working on our product and with the technologies we use, including Swift and Kotlin
- You have strong experience developing mobile applications for iOS and Android
- You love to get a deep understanding of how everything works and to learn how to use new technologies
- Build a feature? Fix a bug? Customer is confused? A production alert just fired? You like to step up to challenges and you get things done
- You love working closely with other people to bounce around ideas and collaboratively solve problems
- You agree the customer comes first and you like to make data-informed decisions
- You know why making small changes, test automation and fast feedback are good ideas and you enjoy working that way
At Tutorful you can expect a great working environment and to continually improve your skills
- You will have 25 days holiday allowance, with an extra day for each year you are with us, up to 28 days. Need a little more? You can take an additional 5 days as unpaid leave
- We have flexible working hours over the week around a set of core hours
- Like working remotely? Lots of our team work from home all over the UK. Teams get together in-person occasionally for workshops and social events
- Prefer working in an office? Come and work in our new office in the centre of Sheffield as much as you like.
- We also have an Employee Assistance Programme, offering our whole team and their immediate family free financial, legal and medical advice, as well as a counselling service
- Everyone gets an annual training budget and there are opportunities to attend conferences and in-house training sessions
- We have regular company organised socials
- You get £250 in lesson credit every year to spend on the Tutorful platform
If the above is of interest to you please apply or send any additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tutorful embrace diversity and are an equal opportunity employer.