Tutorful is a six year-old and thriving tech start-up. We make live learning affordable and accessible to all. There are 10,000 tutors across the UK delivering over 13,000 lessons per week, both in person and online, and we’ll be expanding internationally later this year.
Our revolutionary approach to learning and our fantastic growth have helped us become recognised as one of the top 100 startups in the UK and have remained in a strong position and continued to grow in 2021.
We’re looking for an experienced and creative Product Manager - an innovative and strategic thinker who can bring big ideas to all areas of our product. As a Product Manager you will lead an autonomous agile squad, identifying the most important customer challenges that work for our business. You and the team will own the entire product development lifecycle, from discovery through ideation, validation, build, launch, measurement and iterating. You’ll be experienced at working with agile teams and developing products iteratively, with short cycles, rapid deployment and data-driven decisions. You’ll drive communication and transparency for the squad to the wider business, involving stakeholders in regular updates and product demos.
The role will include:
- Using all types of data to identify opportunities and solutions to customer or business challenges
- Frequent customer interactions - interviews, reviewing prototypes, etc.
- Coming up with creative solutions in collaboration with colleagues from around the company
- Writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Working closely with designers and developers to deliver new features across both web and native apps
- Prioritising the backlog
- Participating in agile ceremonies, including sprint planning and daily standups
- Demonstrating the success of product areas and presenting to stakeholders and the wider business
We work in small product squads of four developers, a designer, a product manager and a representative from our Customer Success and Marketing teams. Our squads work towards quarterly objectives, with the team coming up with how to best deal with the customer or business challenges. Everyone in the team gets to collaborate on how the product evolves.
Now a bit about you
You should apply if you have:
- 1-2 years of Product Management experience
- Strong experience and understanding of agile development
- A natural problem-solver with a data-driven approach
- Experience in a rapid test and learn environment
- A natural focus on identifying customer challenges and connecting it to our business
- Familiarity with Amplitude, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, etc
- A desire to be part of a purpose driven mission
- Experience of using SQL to analyse data
- Experience working in a marketplace
- Experience of working in a digital startup
At Tutorful you can expect a great working environment and to continually improve your skills
- You will have 25 days holiday allowance, with an extra day for each year you are with us, up to 28 days. Need a little more? You can take an additional 5 days as unpaid leave
- We have flexible working hours over the week.
- Like working remotely? Lots of our team work from home all over the UK. Teams get together in-person occasionally for workshops and social events
- Everyone gets an annual training budget and there are opportunities to attend conferences and in-house training sessions
- We have regular company organised socials
- You get £250 in lesson credit every year to spend on the Tutorful platform
If the above is of interest to you please feel free to apply or send any additional questions that you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.