We are hiring software engineers with experience working in a professional full stack team. Our engineers have lots of different backgrounds, not only Computer Science, and your aptitude and willingness to learn are just as important to us as your qualifications and experience. Take five minutes to read more about us and see if this role is right for you…
At Tutorful we have cross-functional squads, empowered to make their own decisions
We work in small product squads of usually four developers, a designer, a product manager and a representative from our Customer Success and Growth teams. Our squads are given quarterly objectives then the team works together to come up with ideas for initiatives, how to test what works, and how to measure progress to achieve the objective. Everyone gets to collaborate on how the product evolves.
At Tutorful you get to work with exciting technology
Our main tools and technologies are:
- Vue, TypeScript and Nuxt to write our front end components
- PHP with Laravel to write our read and write apis and our job queues
- MySQL for most persistent data storage, Redis for caching, and ElasticSearch for snappy search results
- Swift and Kotlin to develop our iOS and Android apps
- AWS infrastructure with automated deployments using CDK for infrastructure-as-code
- Docker so we can quickly spin up a dev environment on our laptops and so we can horizontally scale in production on ECS
- GitHub Actions to automate our continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- We all have a shiny Macbook to work on and licences for all the tools we need
We have a strong engineering culture of Kanban, fast feedback, automated testing, infra-as-code and continuous delivery. If these ideas are new to you then reading The Phoenix Project will change your life!
At Tutorful you can expect a great working environment and to continually improve your skills
- You will have 25 days holiday allowance, with an extra day for each year you are with us, up to 28 days. Need a little more? You can take an additional 5 days as unpaid leave
- We have flexible working hours over the week around a set of core hours
- You can work remotely as much as you like, whenever there is a pandemic. As things recover, we aim to get everyone back to the office together on a regular basis but still allowing a lot of flexibility
- Everyone gets an annual training budget and there are opportunities to attend conferences and in-house training sessions.
- We have regular company organised socials
- You get £250 in lesson credit every year to spend on the Tutorful platform
You should apply if
- You have strong experience developing new full stack software using those or similar technologies
- You love to get a deep understanding of how everything works and to learn how to use new technologies
- Build a feature? Fix a bug? Customer is confused? A production alert just fired? You like to step up to challenges and you get things done
- You love working closely with other people to bounce around ideas and collaboratively solve problems
- You agree the customer comes first and you like to make data-informed decisions
- You know why making small changes, test automation and fast feedback are good ideas and you enjoy working that way
How to apply
Tutorful embrace diversity and are an equal opportunities employer.
When applying please include your CV and a cover letter explaining:
- What attracts you to working at Tutorful?
- Why do you think you would be a great fit for our engineering team?
- How would you find out if someone is a good software engineer?